A look at battery assembly times based on available reports and data.
Cell to Module
The Peugeot e208 pack is rather complex looking, but the module is a quite standard 12 prismatic cells in an aluminium box.
- 18 modules, 12 prismatic cells in each
- Total assembly time  = 75 to 120 minutes
- Assembly time per module ~ 4 to 7 minutes/module
Module to Pack
The Peugeot e208 battery consists of 18 modules assembled into what is a complex battery envelope.
Hence we should be cautious with this assembly time as this would be worst case.
Image from FEV flyer for their teardown report .
- 60 minutes for 50 kWh batteries
- 90 minutes for 75 kWh batteries
End of Line Pack Testing
- 15 minutes of testing per battery before installation in the vehicle:
- leakage testing