Whenever you look at a new design of pack it is important to some benchmarking of that design in the context of other packs. Any new pack will be measured against some key pack metrics and hopefully using a standard list of benchmarking data. Hence a key part of BatteryDesign.net is to collect together some of the benchmarking material available for some of the important packs.
- 2021 GT quattro – all electric flagship built on the J1 Performance platform shared with Porsche.
- Audi PPE – Premium Platform Electric – a hint at the new electric platform.
- GEN 6 Battery System – this introduces the 4695 and 46120 cylindrical cells, due to be launched in 2025.
- Blade – the cell to pack design based on LFP that achieves 150Wh/kg at launch. Used in the BYD Han.
- Qilin CTP 3.0 – CATL’s latest design for cell to pack. CATL suggests that this integrated system can increase the energy density to 255Wh/kg for ternary battery systems (NMC, NMCX etc), and 160Wh/kg for LFP battery systems.
- Ducati V21L Moto E Battery – the bike designed for the 2023 season of electric motorbike racing.
- 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning ER – a 142kWh battery pack with an ok energy density of 174Wh/kg
- 2014 to 2018 – Williams Advanced Engineering design and made pack with Xalt cells
- 2019 to 2021 – McLaren Applied Technologies design with Murata cells – Gen 2
- Ultium – the new battery pack architecture from which GM will develop 30 new EV’s with a total volume of 1 million cars a year by 2025.
- GMC Hummer EV – the first vehicle that uses the Ultium battery architecture.
- Regera – 4.5kWh PHEV battery designed by RIMAC
- Air Dream Edition
- Air Grand Touring
- Air Touring
- eActros Trucks
- EQ – the new all electric cars from Mercedes
- MG Rubik’s Cube Battery – the SAIC MG Rubik’s Cube battery is an interesting battery pack design. A rectangular and flat section pack designed to work in the Nebular vehicle platform. This platform covers a lot of vehicles from A-class to D-class and saloon, SUV, MPV and sports.
- Taycan Turbo S Performance Battery Plus (2019) – 800V pack that can charge 5 to 80% in 22.5 minutes
- R1T – A Nice compact 144 kWh Battery pack with 9 Modules (7776 Cells) 21700 Samsumg 50G.
- Model S (18650)
- Model 3
- 2022 Model Y 4680 – gradually piecing together data on this battery
- 2022 Tesla Semi Specifications – a look at the vehicle specs so that we can then calculate the battery parameters
- Prius 2004 Gen 2 battery pack (1.3kWh NiMh) – this was in the 2004 Prius and is an old pack design, but based on the number of packs made and the success of the Prius HEV this is an important design and benchmark.
- Mirai 2020 battery pack (1.24kWh Li-Ion)
- All-Solid State – vehicle licensed for road use August 2020
- Masahiko Maeda, CTO Toyota Motor Corporation, “Toyota’s Battery Development and Supply“, September 7, 2021