Whenever you look at a new design of pack it is important to some benchmarking of that design in the context of other packs. Any new pack will be measured against some key pack metrics and hopefully using a standard list of benchmarking data. Hence a key part of BatteryDesign.net is to collect together some of the benchmarking material available for some of the important packs.
- 2021 GT quattro – all electric flagship built on the J1 Performance platform shared with Porsche.
- Audi PPE – Premium Platform Electric – a hint at the new electric platform.
- GEN 6 Battery System – this introduces the 4695 and 46120 cylindrical cells, due to be launched in 2025.
- Blade – the cell to pack design based on LFP that achieves 150Wh/kg at launch. Used in the BYD Han.
- Qilin CTP 3.0 – CATL’s latest design for cell to pack. CATL suggests that this integrated system can increase the energy density to 255Wh/kg for ternary battery systems (NMC, NMCX etc), and 160Wh/kg for LFP battery systems.
- Dacia Spring Extreme 65hp and Essential 45 hp with 26.8 kWh battery Pack.
- Ducati V21L Moto E Battery – the bike designed for the 2023 season of electric motorbike racing.
- 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning ER – a 142kWh battery pack with an ok energy density of 174Wh/kg
- 2014 to 2018 – Williams Advanced Engineering design and made pack with Xalt cells
- 2019 to 2021 – McLaren Applied Technologies design with Murata cells – Gen 2
- Ultium – the new battery pack architecture from which GM will develop 30 new EV’s with a total volume of 1 million cars a year by 2025.
- GMC Hummer EV – the first vehicle that uses the Ultium battery architecture.
- Sehol E10X Sodium Ion – a VW/Seat joint venture with Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Corp. Ltd. (JAC) in China. They have used a Hina Sodium Ion battery pack to demonstrate the technology.
- Regera – 4.5kWh PHEV battery designed by RIMAC
- Air Dream Edition
- Air Grand Touring
- Air Touring
- eActros Trucks
- eActros 300 and 400 – 2 and 3 axle electric trucks using a modular battery pack design
- eActros LongHaul – 600kWh in 3 packs and a change to LFP from NMC used in the previous eActros packs
- EQ – the new all electric cars from Mercedes
- 2021 EQA 250 – compact FWD SUV
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG EQS 53 4MATIC+ – performance luxury electric vehicle offering from Mercedes.
- EQV – V for Van
- MG Rubik’s Cube Battery – the SAIC MG Rubik’s Cube battery is an interesting battery pack design. A rectangular and flat section pack designed to work in the Nebular vehicle platform. This platform covers a lot of vehicles from A-class to D-class and saloon, SUV, MPV and sports.
- 2022 Ariya 66 and 91kWh – 2WD and 4WD variants
- 2010 Leaf 24kWh – the iconic EV first produced in December 2010
- 2015 Leaf 30kWh – the upgrade in energy was achieved with the LG Chem 43Ah cell and an increase in the number of cells in a module from 4 to 8.
- 2017 Leaf 40kWh
- 2019 Leaf 62kWh
- Peugeot e-208 50 kWh 2019 and 51 kWh 2022.
- Taycan Turbo S Performance Battery Plus (2019) – 800V pack that can charge 5 to 80% in 22.5 minutes
- 2016 Renault Zoe ZE40 – the upgraded Zoe with a significant increase in usable energy
- R1T – A Nice compact 144 kWh Battery pack with 9 Modules (7776 Cells) 21700 Samsumg 50G.
- Spirit of Innovation – officially the world’s fastest all-electric aircraft
- Tata Nexon EV Prime 30.2 kWh and Max 40.5 kWh.
- Model S (18650)
- Model 3
- 2022 Model Y 4680 – gradually piecing together data on this battery
- 2022 Tesla Semi Specifications – a look at the vehicle specs so that we can then calculate the battery parameters
- Prius 2004 Gen 2 battery pack (1.3kWh NiMh) – this was in the 2004 Prius and is an old pack design, but based on the number of packs made and the success of the Prius HEV this is an important design and benchmark.
- Mirai 2020 battery pack (1.24kWh Li-Ion)
- All-Solid State – vehicle licensed for road use August 2020
- Masahiko Maeda, CTO Toyota Motor Corporation, “Toyota’s Battery Development and Supply“, September 7, 2021
- MEB Platform – Volkswagen ID Family cars such ID 3, 4, 5, 7, Buzz are based on a Modular electric drive matrix (MEB) Chassis. This Chassis contains the battery pack built into the floor for optimal weight distribution.
- Benchmarking ID 3, 4, 5 and Buzz.
- PowerCo Unified Cell – a vision from VW to simplify it’s battery packs with one cell design that works across more than 80% of it’s products.