I live and work in Romania. Its my second home. Recently I have seen so many Dacia Spring in town. Electric revolution is coming to Romania. Dacia Spring was in the Top 10 Best Selling BEV Models in Europe in 2022. Sales Volume was 48535. It is though manufactured in China at a Plant jointly owned by Renault, Nissan and Dongfeng Motors. Dacia Spring comes in two versions: Dacia Spring Essential 45 – (motor – 45hp/33kW) and Dacia Spring Extreme 65 (Motor – 65hp/48kW). Both Versions with the newer one being the extreme one have the same Battery size battery pack.
Sources: Dacia Media news about Essential and Extreme, Dacia 45 Brochure.
- total energy [Wh]: 27.4 kWh
- usable energy [Wh]: 26.8 kWh
- peak power [W]:
- continuous power [W]:
- nominal voltage [V]: 262.8V
- capacity [Ah]: 102 Ah
- voltage range [V]:
- Battery pack weight [kg]: 186 +/- 5 kg
- volume [litres]:
- pack dimensions x,y,z [m]
- number of cells [#]: 72
- number of Modules: 12
- Battery Pack Configuration: 72s1p
- Module Configuration: 6s1p
- charge time [minutes]:
- Domestic 2.3kW (10A) 0% to 100% – 13hrs 32 mins
- Wallbox 3.7 kW (16A) 0% to 100% – 8h 28 mins
- Wallbox 7.4 kW (32A) 0% to 100% – 4h 51 mins
- DC 125A – 80% – 56 mins.
- cell format: Cylindrical/Prismatic (To be confirmed)
- cooling system:
- cell manufacturer: Sunwoda EVB, though one breakdown video shows also Lischen. Can assume multiple sources.
- Cell Chemistry: Lithium Ion (NMC Probably based on Ternary in the name of the Battery)
- pack cost: ~4000 Euros from a Ebay listing though I have seen OEM parts listed at 8000 to 13000 Euros. (Knowing the Car sales price is ~20000 Euros. I would think the price will be around 4000 Euros for Battery)
- Part Number: 295103540R (for 26800 WH may change if manufacturer updates or changes battery)
Found a Ukrainian Dacia Spring Breakdown video: Starts at 7mins till 9 mins. Renault City Z-KE.
Key Pack Metrics
- Wh/kg – 144 Wh/kg
- Wh/litre –
- W/kg –
- W/litre –
- $/kWh – Assuming 5000$ – 186.5$/kWh.
- Cell to Pack mass ratio – Assuming Cells 1.7 kg each, cell Weight = 122kg – 65% Ratio
- Cell to Pack volume ratio –
Other key features:
- BMS design
- HV and LV Connections
- Cooling Connections
- Structural / non-structural pack
- Case material
- Sealing strategy
- Venting strategy
- Durability – % of pack capacity available after 10 years
- 8 years and 120,000 kilometers for the battery