The Gotion L600 Astroinno is an Lithium Manganese Iron Phosphate (LMFP) based cell chemistry.
- 5% lower cost than a conventional LFP
- 20-25% less expensive than cells NMC
- cycle life of 4000 (RT)
- 1800 times at elevated temperature
- 1800 cycles of 18-minute fast charging (10 to 80% SoC)
- Mass production 2024
Gotion state zero thermal propagation . The cell surface is coated with an insulating material.
Gotion state that the cell passes:
- nail penetration
- thermal runaway
- hot box
- short circuit tests
At pack level Gotion are showing a cell to pack design, but has stopped short of the BYD design as they still show 4 module groups.
- Structural parts reduced by 45%
- Weight of structure reduced by 32%
- Wiring harness reduced to 26% of normal pack
- 190Wh/kg at pack level
- Volumetric cell to pack ratio of 76%
There are a lot of bold claims for this chemistry and cell from Gotion. This means they have solved a number of issues around LMFP. Until a cell specification sheet and independent test data it is hard to gauge if they can meet the claims.