The SAIC MG Rubik’s Cube battery is an interesting battery pack design. A rectangular and flat section pack designed to work in the Nebular vehicle platform. This platform covers a lot of vehicles from A-class to D-class and saloon, SUV, MPV and sports.
- CTP pack design
- Cell Configurations
- 108s, 104s, 100s and 96s
- System voltage
- initially 400V
- designed to be upgraded to 800V later
- Height: three height options 110mm, and the other 125mm and 137mm
- Liquid cooling
- Applied to base of the prismatic cells
- Cells both sides of coolant plates
Using both sides of the coolant plate halves the are of coolant plates required compared to having all of the cells arranged vertically.
- two longitudinal beams creating three north-south cell bays
- pack frame perimeter mounting points
- 4 through pack fixings into body structure
- equipped with a “zero thermal runaway” protection system, which is designed in line with the European five-star safety standard and can provide multiple protections for the battery
- able to support future BaaS (Battery as a Service) battery swap systems
- The integrated service-oriented architecture (SOA) enables vehicles to receive over-the-air (OTA) updates throughout their lifecycle.
- Supplier: SAIC Ningde Yikong Power System Co
Not sure if this company is a joint venture with SAIC as it appears as: Ningde Yikong Power System Co and as SAIC Ningde Yikong. If you know more about this cell manufacturer please drop us a line.
- Format: Prismatic
- Chemistry: NMC and LFP